Fame House, a Universal Music Group company, is looking for Digital Marketers to join our team in Philadelphia, PA. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most successful artists and entertainment companies in the world, and to work with emerging digital music and entertainment technologies.
You will be responsible for a specific list of accounts and/or projects under the guidance of your Manager. In addition to executing campaigns, you must contribute creative, innovative ideas to marketing plans and campaigns. You may be Account Lead for select clients, for which you will act as both the client’s primary point of contact at Fame House as well as the FH team member responsible for the account’s success.
- Work with clients to conceive and achieve business objectives through digital and direct-to-fan marketing campaigns:
- Develop and contribute to marketing strategy for upcoming client milestones such as music releases, product launches, video premieres, tour announcements, public appearances, etc.
- Develop and contribute to marketing plans for clients’ digital and direct-to-fan channels, including but not limited to social media, email marketing, paid media, websites, web stores, and mobile apps.
- Contribute original ideas regarding the creative use of emerging technologies to drive our clients’ digital and business goals.
- Write and execute content calendars for client social channels, as well as community management. Curate and design visual assets for content calendars, as needed.
- Audit and optimize clients’ digital channels on an on-going basis.
- Report on campaigns and overall performance of clients’ digital and direct-to-fan properties:
- Analyze real time performance of our campaigns to assess impact against client KPIs and business objectives (e.g. traffic to owned properties, merch sales, etc.).
- Translate data-based insights into specific action items for marketing plans and campaigns.
- Act as Account Lead on select clients, responsible for:
- Driving successful client results and day-to-day progress against the client’s objectives.
- Managing day-to-day communication with the client.
- Coordinating with other team members across FH as needed to deliver high quality work.
- Ensuring all deliverables are executed in a timely manner.
- Setting specific, measurable goals for the account and individual campaigns.
- Monitoring progress against these goals and reporting back to the client and FH Management on performance.
- Keep abreast of evolving music industry and digital marketing technologies:
- Must be able to speak to key new trends and to research new technologies on an ongoing basis, particularly as requested by clients and/or management.
- Experiment with new tools and technologies as suitable for his/her clients’ needs.
- May oversee interns and Assistants, and may be offered the opportunity to formally mentor new team members in order to groom management and leadership skills, under the guidance of his or her Manager.
Skills + Abilities:
- Impressive verbal and written abilities — client communication skills are essential.
- High level of comfort presenting to groups both over the phone and in person.
- Deep knowledge of social media, emerging platforms, and associated marketing tools, particularly within the music industry.
- Drive and confidence to take on new responsibilities. Must be proactive and willing to accomplish tasks with little oversight.
- Self-starter attitude capable of owning important responsibilities and seeing them through to completion.
- Ability to stay calm and collected under pressure, and to be accountable for meeting deadlines.
- Strong passion for marketing and the music industry.
- Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to make informed decisions based on data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Mac OS.
- 1-3 years working in a digital marketing position, preferably within the music industry.
- Experience managing business/brand profiles on social networks, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Tumblr, etc.
- Experience in WordPress, email marketing/CRM tools (e.g. ExactTarget, Mailchimp, Fanbridge), social and analytical tools (e.g. Next Big Sound, Google Analytics).
- Basic HTML, Photoshop, and Basecamp experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in music business, business, marketing, or a related field.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a Full-Time role.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Benefits are competitive (medical, dental, 401K, etc.).
Interested candidates must apply through UMG Careers.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.