Fame House conceptualized, designed and developed a custom mobile application for acclaimed indie rocker Amanda Palmer. The app was built alongside our partners at Mobile Roadie using custom design and development made precisely to the requests Palmer and her team.
The free app allows Palmer’s fans to stay up to date on all of her latest music, videos, photos and other news, while connecting them with other fans by chatting, sharing photos, and much more. It takes fans away from the broad interactive experiences from social networks, and allows her regular and super fans to congregate in one place to discuss and share all things Amanda.
We also performed a comprehensive web integration for Palmer, synching app content with the web and vice versa. Her application pulls photos and artwork images from fans’ Instagram and Flickr feeds, as well as people uploading photos straight from the app itself – all of which synch back to her website. Any photo being pulled from the app can then be viewed on the website where users can see comments generated from the app.
Palmer’s tour dates actually feed from the app itself, which means they are all coming sourced from via mobile whenever a user visits an individual show page. Fans can also see a list of all the app users who are going to her concerts. Comments being pulled from the app, Facebook, and photos within the app are all archived; meaning that fans can go back and check all the old content on the left-hand side of the tour page – creating a running stream of comments from the fans.
In detail, the app includes:
- Music Tab: Fans can stream Amanda Palmer songs right from their phone, either playing them in-app or while performing other tasks on their phone. In-app, fans can comment on tracks, share them via Facebook, Twitter, email or text message, and can even download the MP3s to their phones direct from iTunes.
- Tour Tab: All of Amanda Palmer’s tour dates are displayed with both upcoming and past show dates. Fans can either view all shows or just the ones near them. In-app, they can buy tickets, chat with other fans looking to go (or who have went), add / view photos of post shows, and check-in when the attend themselves.
- Community: Here, Amanda Palmer fans can interact with one another and chat back-and-forth about anything and everything. Fans can filter by the most recent conversations, or who’s talking near their location (determined by their phone’s location features). There’s even an interactive map where fans can see where in the world each other are in relation to them. They can also add photos of their own to share with the Amanda Palmer community.
- News: Fans can stay up to date on all the latest news and developments, and can even comment on each item to spark a discussion.
- Your Account: No need for fans to create usernames, logins, or remember passwords. They can simply connect via their Facebook or Twitter accounts for seamless integration of those profiles. Once logged in, they can begin accumulating points for each and every action they take within the app.
- Gallery: Palmer is an artist in every respect of the word, which makes it fitting that we’ve included both official and unofficial photos and pieces of artwork for display in this portion of the app. Fans can browse official content provided by Palmer, or take a look at some of the content fans are submitting themselves.
- Shop: Fans can make merchandise and / or music purchases from their phone, using a built-in Topspin powered direct-to-fan e-commerce system.
- Videos: All the latest official video content is available for fans to stream, which can be sorted by feature, popularity, or how recent it may be.
- Twitter Tab: Fans are taken to Amanda Palmer’s official Twitter page from their phone, where they can follow her and view her recent stream of tweets.
- Tumblr Tab: Anyone even vaguely familiar with Amanda Palmer knows that she’s very outspoken. In this tab, fans can access all of her blog content direct from their phone and ensure that they never miss a thing.
- Facebook Tab: Fans are taken to Amanda Palmer’s official Facebook page, where they can Like the page and view the musician’s recent social activity.
- Discography: All of Amanda Palmer’s albums are displayed in an iTunes-like album scroll, where they can view the stories behind each release and read linear notes.
- About: Fans can read about Amanda Palmer’s storied career and her rise as an indie music queen.
- Favorites: This is where fans can revisit all the in-app content they wanted to reference for later in one place.
- Subscribe: Fans are presented with an option to sign up to Palmer’s email list for even more updates.