Driving D2C Sales Through Email
Guns N’ Roses released limited edition NITL Tour Merchandise, a holiday sweater, and new general merchandise for Q4 2016. Fame House built an email marketing campaign to boost merch sales.
- The four-email campaign averaged an Open Rate of 32.4% and Unique Click Rate of 28.7%, both higher than any other GNR email previously deployed.
- The timely offer for a holiday sweater drove the highest number of orders, with 60 purchases driven by email.
- Including a Free Shipping discount drove the best performance: 62.2% Open Rate—almost 3x higher than any other send—and 39.3% CTR.
Keys to Success
- Timing. This subscriber list hadn’t been messaged in over 3 months prior to our first send, and all four emails were sent strategically around the holidays (Cyber Monday, first week of December, and 10 days prior to Christmas).
- Loyalty Discount. We tapped into past purchaser history and rewarded a group of subscribers (who previously purchased a limited edition item) with Free Shipping on their next order.
- Accurate Tracking. Each image link or button included in each send was tagged with a separate UTM Code so that we could track the monetary success of each product within each mailer.