OBJECTIVE: Engage Pearl Jam fans in a meaningful way while collecting email data and driving Spotify plays.
APPROACH: Tapping into the excitement of the 2015 NCAA March Madness tournament, Fame House partnered with Bracketeers and Spotify to create Pearl Jam Madness, a campaign to crown Pearl Jam’s top song. Fans were prompted to fill out their own brackets and vote for their favorite Pearl Jam songs during each “round” for a chance to win a PJ Prize Pack.
The bracket leveraged Spotify embeds to make each track streamable and increase plays on the service, starting with the most-played Pearl Jam songs on Spotify. The contest was promoted across Pearl Jam’s social media channels and through email marketing.
- Hundreds of thousands of votes
- 29% month over month increase in overall Pearl Jam Spotify streams
- 50% increase in Spotify streams of the songs included in the bracket
- Thousands of email newsletter sign-ups
- Nearly 100% opt-in rate to receive email updates