Fame House, a Universal Music Group company, seeks a part-time Jr Copywriter to work across our clients’ stores to execute best-in-class merchandising copy strategy and descriptions for our clients. You will have the opportunity to write for some of the most successful artists and entertainment companies in the world, and to work with emerging digital music and entertainment technologies.
Founded in January 2011, Fame House is an award-winning digital strategy agency with offices in Philadelphia, New York and Los Angeles that’s built to uniquely serve the needs of the modern music industry. Fame House’s early foresight into crafting services around the new opportunities of connecting artists and fans online led them to help establish a new key role within the music ecosystem serving artists alongside labels, management companies, event companies and agents.
- Proficient at creating product descriptions, advertising copy, and overall digital writing
- Possesses a strong sense of voice and writing style; is able to adapt according to client needs
- Strong understanding in storefront merchandising – specifically how copy is utilized to sell product
- Is able to manage and prioritize multiple projects and allocate time independently
- Can do excellent research on client products, services, and the industry to inform the content
- Is very proficient at copy editing and proofreading
- Basic understanding of SEO best practices in e-commerce
- Organized in execution and presentation of work
- Ensuring all pieces conform to the client’s specific style guidelines
- Experience writing copy for products or merchandise
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Excel & Microsoft Office
- Self-starter who can complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Very strong communication skills
- Works well with a team
- Highly organized
- Good with tight timelines and strict deadlines
- Easily adjusts to shifting priorities
- Experience with online e-commerce platforms (Shopify & Magento) a plus
- Trustworthy with sensitive information
- Previous copywriting experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in writing, business, merchandising, or a related field.
This is a Part-Time Role.
Interested candidates must send their resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.