Fame House, a Universal Music Group company, is looking for a Product Strategy Director to join our team in Philadelphia. Fame House’s unique approach to artist merchandising focuses on leveraging our expertise on how to build and mobilize audiences for artists. Our services include digital strategy and branding, in addition to the entire stack of services we have in house for artist merchandising. We are looking for someone to come in and lead the charge on synergizing product and marketing concepts with artist brands/narratives, fan engagement and elevated offerings.
- Lead the charge on identifying and creating products we should be producing and selling for our clients. This should include identifying missed opportunities, areas of improvement, and new opportunities
- Connect the dots between trends, client narratives, and how that evolves into products and/or collections
- Oversee the in house and contractor design team and their creation of product designs, ensuring designs are on-brand and on-trend
- Work with the production team’s sourcing and sampling of products
- Work with Production and account management on setting product retail prices and recommended purchase quantity’s
- Bring department stakeholders together to ensure everyone is on the same page for each campaign, including:
- D2C Director, Sr. D2C Marketing Manager and D2C Marketing Manager
- Production Manager
- Marketing team members
- Creative team members
- Be well versed in all aspects of the Fame House D2C business to refine operations and drive growth
- Balance multiple high priority projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Work with Account Management and Marketing to develop and maintain product calendars for clients
- Work to establish campaign deadlines with production and ensure the marketing and creative departments are also on target to meet these deadlines
- Establish and/or maintain successful relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Use marketing and sales data to inform product strategies
Skills + Abilities:
- Strong grasp on current styles and upcoming trends
- Ability to work independently, but also collaborate with cross functional teams
- Highly organized and comfortable streamlining many moving parts
- Excellent communication skills, including written and oral
- Must be extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to stay calm and collected under pressure
- Trustworthy with sensitive information
- Good with tight deadlines and strict deadlines
- Proficiency in computer programs including Microsoft Office, Mac OS, and Outlook
- Knowledge of e-commerce platforms helpful – Shopify and Magento
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite (Photoshop and InDesign) and/or general design skills preferred
- 3-5 years experience in merchandise styling, planning, and/or buying.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Fashion, Merchandising, or related field..
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a Full Time Role.
Benefits are competitive (medical, dental, 401K, etc.).
Interested candidates must apply through the UMG Careers Website.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.